Manometry & pH Metry
Information about Manometry & PH Metry
What is Manometry & pH Metry?
- Esophageal Manometry is a computerised instrument to know about the smooth functioning of food pipe in our body.
- The use of 24 hours pH metry is to diagnose the disease of acid reflux
- Anorectal Manometry with biofeedback is a system which trains patient to pass stool by controlling the muscles.
When to use Esophageal Manometry & pH metry?
- Difficulty in swallowing the food(dysphagia)
- When the patient have symptoms like heaviness in chest while swallowing the food
- Burning in throat and chest (heartburn)
When to use Anorectal Manometry?
- Faecal incontinence - when patient passes stool involuntarily
- Increase frequency of stool
- Straining while passing stool
Which kind of diseases can be diagnosed?
- Achalasia Cardia
- Esophageal Scleroderma
- Neurogenic diseases
- Hiatus Hernia
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- EGJ Outflow Obstruction
- Acid Reflux disease